According to a Gallup poll in August of 2019, about 14% of Americans report using CBD products, and the number one reason is pain.
There are dramatic improvements by people who tried CBD in various forms, but the Arthritis Foundation is still waiting for well-designed, scientifically valid, and rigorous clinical trials to answer the question of just how helpful CBD may be to people with chronic arthritis pain.
We collect a great deal of anecdotal evidence, including testimonials from Sycamore BioPharma customers reporting dramatic improvement from our CBD Muscle and Joint Relief Lotion.
"I usually have trouble working the TV remote due to the pain in my wrists and thumbs. I applied twice a day for the first week and experienced a noticeable difference completing everyday tasks that are usually painful".
Because it was important for the Arthritis Foundation to develop CBD guidance for adults with arthritis, they partnered with leading CBD and arthritis pain experts – Daniel Clauw, MD, Mary-Ann Fitzcharles, MD, and Kevin Boehnke, PhD – to develop practical guidance that addresses top questions.
Dr. Daniel Clauw stated, "It's important that the Arthritis Foundation has taken a stand on CBD. Right now, it appears to be fairly safe and might help certain types of pain. It's far better to give this guidance, even if preliminary because otherwise, people will have no guidance whatsoever."
The official statement from the Arthritis Foundation reads:
As the largest organization representing the voice and needs of people with arthritis, the Arthritis Foundation has always welcomed new treatment options because no single drug, supplement, or therapy works for everyone. We believe patients should be empowered to find safe management strategies that are appropriate for them. The more options available, the likelier it is that more people will benefit.
We are intrigued by the potential of CBD to help people find pain relief and are on record urging the FDA to expedite the study and regulation of these products. While currently there is limited scientific evidence about CBD's ability to help ease arthritis symptoms, and no universal quality standards or regulations exist, we have listened to our constituents and consulted with leading experts** to develop these general recommendations for adults who are interested in trying CBD.
Ready to Try CBD? Learn more about the guidelines the Arthritis Foundation has put out for Shopping for CBD. We believe these are best practices and will ensure the safety of anyone who decides to try CBD products.
Arthritis Foundation Releases CBD Guidance on what to look for when shopping for CBD:
- Look for products manufactured in the U.S. with ingredients grown domestically.
- Choose products made by companies that follow good manufacturing practices established by the FDA for pharmaceuticals or dietary supplements (a voluntary quality standard because CBD products are not federally regulated under either category) or required by the state where they are manufactured.
- Buy from companies that test each batch and provide a certificate of analysis from an independent lab that uses validated standardized testing methods approved by the American Herbal Pharmacopoeia (AHP), the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP), or the Association of Official Agricultural Chemists (AOAC).
- Avoid companies that claim their products have disease benefits.
- Be aware that marketers and people behind retail counters are not health professionals; they are salespeople. That's why your doctor is your best source for guidance and monitoring when using an unregulated product.
Sycamore BioPharma uses only the highest-quality hemp sourced from local growers. We know the farms and farmers that supply our company to ensure quality from the plant to the finished product.
We are committed to purity, potency, and consistency. Our 3-step process ensures quality from start to finish. Per the Arthritis Foundation guidelines, ALL of our product has been batch-tested by an independent 3rd party lab for purity and potency. A Certificate of Analysis can be found on all of our products.